Saturday, August 8, 2009

Amazing thoughts






I may be too sentimental... but I just find it amazing that my brother in law is building, yes, LITERALLY, building a new house for his bride and daughter on the wayr. I am fascinated with construction and how things are done: dry wall, tile, flooring, tile, framing etc... SO it was especially fun for me to go and see what he has built with his OWN hands. I can't imagine how amazing it will be to be sitting watching TV, eating dinner, sleeping in a house built by your father, husband. To know that his hands have touched and nailed essentially every piece to hold it in place. It's very similar to our lives... being built and structured by God. We may see the "end result" of a person... but it's God that has grown and "built" a person to be who they are. We don't see the "behind the scenes" work or trials a person goes through to become who they are... just as we see a finished house.. and rarely think of the details of how it got there. I'm so thankful I got to see the house where they will share so many wonderful memories. And I was lucky enough to put ONE SINGLE nail in, just to say "I helped build the house".... lol. I'm so proud of my brother-in-law and how hard he is working to provide for his new family.

The picture of Kingsley and I is taken from what will be their master bedroom. It has an incredible view. My little sister is in her laundry room... a place she will often be with a little one:)

1 comment:

SunshineBarlowe.com said...

love it! and you are so right.. :)