Thursday, August 28, 2008

12 WEEKS!




Here is the belly bump this morning at 12 weeks, and of course, Saylor kissing "her twins". These little beans will be spoiled from kisses from their big sister!

THE DREADED 12 WEEKS IS OVER!!! I think every pregnant woman looks forward to that 12 week mark... and I am NO exception!!! We are heading into the wonderful 2nd trimester (well not sure if it's this week or next, but I'm going with sooner than later). We were supposed to head home yesterday, but plans changed and we'll head home either Monday or Tuesday. No one ever has to twist our arms too hard to stay at Mimi and Didi's house!!! I am beyond thankful for the last month spent here at Mimi's house. I don't care how old we get, it's always nice having "mom" take care of us, and taking care of us is ALL Mimi has been doing!!! I don't know how she does it, but she has done so much for us with a grateful attitude. She is amazing. She will soon be mothering and helping my older sister as she is preparing for the birth of her 2nd child.

I asked Saylor the other day what she thought the babies were and she said "one boy and one girl". I then said, "Well would you be happy if there were 2 boys" to which she replied with an emphatic "NO". I proceeded to tell her that we needed to be thankful for whatever God decides to give us and He may have planned it to be 2 boys. (I just want to prepare her so she is not so disappointed). After that comment, she broke down in tears. The poor thing just wants a sister so bad... and even though the gender is already in place and determined, I'm praying for one little girl for her sake!

No comments: