Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Baby turned 5 on 5-1-5!






Saturday marked the 5th year of having the INCREDIBLE addition of Saylor to our family! She has been such a blessing! Words can't describe the joy she has added to MY life alone!!! From day 1 she has been such an easy, laid back child. She slept through the night at 2 days old, and that has been indicative of the rest of her life. She is sweet, obedient, thoughtful, insightful, ORGANIZED and systematic in her thoughts and actions. She never ceases to amaze me with her love for life! We had an AMAZING weekend celebrating her life.
On Friday Daddy (Kingsley) took her for her first ever pedicure and manicure! She absolutely LOVED being pampered:) She didn't stop smiling ALL day as people commented on her polka dotted nails and bright flowered toe nails! The added a little bling and she has been proud to show EVERYONE! We then headed over to Sky City Bounce house with 3 of her girlfriends and they spent the afternoon bouncing, jumping and laughing!!! We went home for pizza, cake, ice cream, pinata, presents, movie and slumber party. I was quite excited that she requested me to be one of the "girls" and sleep in her castle for the slumber party (soon she'll be kicking me out of her room during slumber parties:) We snuggled all night long and I thanked God for her as I also thanked God that on THIS night I wasn't in labor pushing a 10 lb baby out!!!

Saturday morning we fixed chocolate chip crepes and headed over to the lake for a walk. The kids loved seeing the ducks and turtles. We came across a little pond where a little dipping of the feet turned into full on swimming!! The kids had a blast and made memories that will last a lifetime. It was a priceless moment for me to watch such childlike excitement without a care in the world! My parents were good at allowing us to experience life to the fullest and seeing Saylor take advantage of an opportunity to be spontaneous just made me smile from ear to ear.

It was indeed a perfect weekend. She has no idea how much she has impacted and changed our lives in such an amazing way. I pray God develops and grows her more and more to impact others in such a way for Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Saylor (belated)!! xo-