Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday...


Well I made it! Not sure if I passed the GT test, but at least made it through w/o fainting! I got pretty dizzy and the nurse was checking on me every 5 min, but all went well and I've got some nice bruises on both arms to show for my labor:) I'll get the results on Tuesday.

Today is going to be an exciting day for both our kids.... we are driving to see SNOW! Keller saw snow in Ohio when he was around 1, and we saw a little snow in Phoenix (of all places) 2 years ago, but this will probably be the first time both kids REMEMBER the snow! They are quite excited and have gathered their sweatshirts (sad they don't own coats!) and scarves! I'm hoping we can borrow some sleds so they get to experience what "real sledding" is like. Our little town imports snow (which lasts a few hours) for our boat parade, but it's not the same as having hills and hills of REAL SNOW! I'm quite excited as well (though I'm not sure I can do the sledding thing), but it will remind me of the good ole days I had in Ohio as a kid. My dad always took us on some incredible snow sledding adventures. I loved seeing my dad act like a kid when the sleds came out... he would dodge trees and zip around bushes (sometimes we landed in them!) I loved that he encouraged us to be daring and take risks.... we always had the most memorable experiences even when we got hurt it made it even MORE fun! Thank you dad!

No comments: