Friday, January 16, 2009

Peri Appointment update

When the Dr. turned on the ultrasound, I was quite shocked with how BIG my little babies looked! I couldn't believe how much they've grown! They BOTH weighed in at a whopping 4.0 each! From here on they should gain 1/2 lb a week, hopefully putting them near 6 lbs at delivery! They both had heartbeats right around 140! Neither were being too photogenic, so I don't have any pictures to post. The only big difference was that our little girl flipped once again and is back to the breech position. Most likely he'll stay head down (which is still positive for natural delivery). My peri asked me if I had been in L&D for preterm labor (which I haven't) so he said there is a really good chance I'll go the 37 weeks! I asked about the contractions and spotting and he said in a normal single pregnancy it would raise an eyebrow and need to be checked out, but with twins it's actually common! That took a HUGE burden off of me. He said it's due to my cervix being more vascular, more blood circulation in body and uterus being so stretched out. Just told me to sit and rest when I feel it happening! Once again, it was a wonderful visit. I go see my regular OB on tuesday to find out if there is any uterine activity going on (dialated, effaced, short cervix, etc).

This weekend is also very exciting because a few good friends are throwing me a baby shower! I didn't expect one with this pregnancy since I already have had 2 kids and have had a boy and a girl. I was so excited (though I don't like being in the spot light:) at their generosity! My mom is flying in this weekend as well and will be able to come to the shower, visit our church AND go to my Dr. appointment with me! Now if I can just get my house cleaned, I'll be good to go!

I hope whoever is reading this has a wonderful weekend as well. I'll post more belly pics later.

Andrea

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this everyday !! And I was waiting for the update.. glad it was good news.. have fun with your mom!!

talk to you soon.
xo
Sun

Andrea said...

Thanks sunny.... not sure if anyone reads:) Wish you could be here too! You make EVERYTHING fun!!!